Monday, 11 January 2010

My Beady Eye









A while ago a friend asked me to post up some pictures of jewellery that I had made in the past. I don't do much now as I find that holding little beads and threading them and rolling Fimo hurts my hands, plus I no longer have a utility room where I can cook it without the fumes filling the house. I found that trying to get decent photos was not very easy and so I scanned a few things, hence the boring background, but I think it gives you a taster. The first and second pics are some Chinese Knotting, which I find very theraputic. I can sit and tie long Snake Knots just for fun and then undo them which is just as restful. The big flat knots are Prosperity Knots and the little round ones are Button Knots
The third fourth and fifth show some Fimo beads that I made and strung. I did a lot of these, flat ones that are made a bit like peppermint rock with the design running through and then big round ones with thin slices of the rock rolled round them. I think you need cool hands, like for pastry, as mine tended to go a bit awry. I made some to match the colour of the clothes I used to sell as a party planner and sometimes sold more beads than clothes!
The last two picture are some of my purchased beads just strung in what I hope is a pleasing manner. A lot of the internet sites sell very similar stuff and I used to hunt around for unusual beads, and buy in charity shops and re-string. It's that thing I have about putting colours together again!

1 comment:

  1. Your jewellery is lovely and I like the way you harmonize the colours. Do try and keep it up, maybe just don't use the tiny beads anymore. They can be hard to work with. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete