Friday, 27 November 2009

SomComDif 27/11


This week's challenge was Red and Green with Snowman. I bought a Vintage Graphics CD about four years ago and used it a lot when I first had it but it has been neglected for other things so I was delighted to find this image, even though it may be dangerously close to cute. Background paper and a bit of green ribbon (magazine freebies) and there you go!

8 comments:

  1. what a fab image - thank you for joining us again this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your blog page was loading, I just thought, oh my that is almost cute and almost funny. Great card, maybe being vintage, it doesn't count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love the asymetrical posotioning of the red and the holly background papers, and the green ribbon that runs between them. That was a great way to off-set the centering of the snowman panel. Wonderful composition!

    I put a free download up on our site yesterday; if you haven't seen it, go check it out as a thank you gift for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a lovely vintage card - love the image!

    thanks again for joining us on SCD

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the vintage snowman is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours, great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Something Completely Different. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful image ~ as is the card! love it chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour combinations as ever. Yes he is cute, a bit Pillsbury dough boy like.

    ReplyDelete